About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Hormones

I've had crazy hormones since I hit puberty back in 6th grade.  And really, who hasn't?  But I never thought I'd be this wacky, crazy with hormones during and after my pregnancy.  Now, I'm a pretty intense Betty.  I like things done a certain way and done promptly.  This has caused some strife over the years with Stoofy, but he's finally realized that I'm just crazy and he's got to deal. 

But being Pregnant Betty took the crazy to a whole new level!  I was even more intense during my pregnancy.  I nearly accosted a woman for a pumpkin pie at a grocery store, I completely unleashed the furry of a rabid momma bear on my stupid apartment complex manager, and I made my husband's life a living hell.  It was like I became a schizophrenic person because one minute I'm pleased, the next second I'm mildly unhappy, and the next second I'm in complete rage.  And usually after that happened I started crying.  I just couldn't deal with everything racing through my brain and body!  All I could think was I must be impregnated with a demon baby. 

But I thought, as misguided as it was that after I had the baby, everything would be back to normal.  I thought I could watch whatever T.V. shows I wanted.  Heck, I thought that I could DO whatever I wanted and I'd be just my normal Betty self.  Oh how wrong I was!!!

Two days after being home with my daughter, I looked at her, started crying and exclaimed to Stoofy, "She's getting so big!  We have to have another one!  Because she'll never be this small again!"  Sobfest 2011 had begun.  He reminded me that maybe we should wait more than TWO DAYS before deciding when to have another baby.  Thank God he's wise and normal. 

The hormones have taken over my body like discount bargain shoppers at Walmart on a Sunday.  There's no stopping them and they just keep flooding in! 

Example two of Sobfest 2011- Crying on the ride home because I saw a plane.  Yup, a plane.  It was a low-flying plane and since I'm in the D.C. area I couldn't help but think... wow, I wonder if that's what it looked like as the plane came flying in and crashed into the Pentagon.  And what it would have looked like if the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania made it to the White House.  And just how heroic those people were to try and stop the terrorists and died trying.  And the people making calls from their cell phones to loved ones saying good bye.  And if I was in that same position what would I do... of course I would call Stoofy!  And then it dawned on me... I would have to say goodbye to Baby.  And BAM!  I'm sobbing, driving down the parkway and I can't see because I'm crying so hard. 

And then I just start laughing.  Because it's just that ridiculous that I'm crying so hard over something so unlikely to happen to me.  But that's not to say something less unlikely COULD happen to me.  And then I would be here to watch my beautiful baby girl grow up.  More crying.  More laughing at how ridiculous I am. 

Example three of Sobfest 2011- I'm three blocks from work this morning and realized that Defense Secretary Gates is no longer my boss.  I absolutely love him.  I feel like he's been with me my whole life, well nearly my whole military life. Now he's gone, back to retirement.  The waterworks turn back on and I nearly miss stopping at the stop sign outside my office.  Good lord, get a grip Betty!!! I'm going to be out of the military in just a couple more months and it's not like he's going to be my boss when I'm a civilian!  Geez!

And this is when I realize that this could all just be the beginning of the new Betty. A softer, more sensitive Betty.  Someone grab me a tissue!

Until later
~Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment