About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Holy Bag Lady Batman!

So I'm going on my first road trip with Elly. This is a pre-epic road trip trip, prepping for the excursion across the country. That trip is starting to scare the pants off me!

Don't worry, I'll have a bag to carry them in, because as a new mom on my first road trip I look like a fucking Sherpa with all the bags of STUFF I've packed.

What did I pack for my 4-day trip?
Me:
6 days of outfits (in case of puke)
1 wedding outfit
1 "holy shit, it's michigan cold here!" sweatshirt
My toiletry bag, hair dryer, straightener
3 pairs of shoes
Unmentionables
A book (wishful thinking)
My crocheting (living on cloud nine with this one)

For Elly:
5 pj's
9 onsies
3 dresses for the wedding
3 rompers
1 pair of jeans
2 pairs of pants
4 coordinating outfits
1 "My mom doesn't want your advice shirt"
12 pairs of socks
1 jacket
2 sweaters
12 bibs
3 blankets
8 burp rags
1 crib sheet
Baby monitor
1 case of diapers
1 package of wipes
Toiletry bag for a baby! Complete with "hair pretties"
1 bag of toys with half dozen books
Playmat
Baby carrier
Bouncy chair
Stroller, car seat
Breast pump, bottles, etc.
Diaper bag

Holy shit!!! You've got to be fucking kidding me right?!?!? She only weighs a smidge over 13lbs. How the hell does she need so much stuff?

I'm just lucky that my family we're staying with still has their pack 'n play. Or else that'd be on the list too.

So if you see a crazed woman with a dozen bags and a baby on the hip, that's probably me. Do me a favor and hold door for me please!!!


Until later
~Betty


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment