About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Family visits

Well, we survived a giant family visit. It's the first time my family has gotten to meet Elly. And of course, everyone loved her.

She met her great grandpas and grandmas. A couple great aunts and uncles, cousins and even a great-great aunt and uncle! Plus a ton of family friends. Whew! What a trip.

The best part is she's not old enough to start making strange. So there were plenty of other people to hold Elly while I ate my meals But she and I did have a deal: any time she was tired of all the new people all she had to do was cry and I would rescue her. And in return, if I was tired of all the family, all I had to do was pinch her and make her cry and then we'd make our great escape. (I'm a good mom like that!)

It was a good plan and actually worked pretty darn well. (I didn't actually have to pinch her, promise!) And as great as it is to see all my family, it's flat out exhausting!

There are so many people to see and rather than they all get their act together and have one large gathering, we had to go to a ton of different places to see everyone.

It was too short of a trip to see everyone. So we'll be back in September before we head west.

Next time I'll plan one large party and let everyone come to me. I'm not running around town with an infant. Elly won't stand for it!

Lesson learned! Now it's time to hit the road.

Until later
~Betty


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment