About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What's that smell?

I find as a parent, I have a whole lot more conversations about poop than I ever thought possible.  Today's poop conversation started when a friend of mine posted about her son having some seriously bad smelling poo.  So bad that she could smell it down the hall with his door shut as she was headed to pick him up from the crib after nap time.

There have been more than a handful of times in my life that I could smell Elly before I could see her.  It's amazing to me how someone so small can make something smell so bad.  Poor kid... we call her "Smelly Elly" those days. 

I'm pretty sure today will be one of those days. 

This weekend I made healthy bran muffins for breakfast.  She's on a muffin kick, which is likely due to the fact that I'm on a baking kick.  Rather than give her muffins full of crap, I figured I'd try to work in some healthy options.  Hence the bran muffins.

Except, I didn't really do my input to output calculations correct.  For the last couple of mornings, Elly has been double-fisting bran muffins and blueberries.  Serious poor planning on my part.




This can't possibly end well.  Someone get me a nose plug.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, that won't end well at all. I've been baking bran muffins like a fiend too, my children are also fisting these things into their tiny mouths as though they might disappear if they turn their backs. Bahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Input to output calculations. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urgh, this post has tainted my taste bud. I can never see bran muffins the way they used to be without thinking of smelly elly LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! That reminds me of the day that I saw my hubby plop a handful -- a handful -- of blueberries in front of each twin. I said, "And how many diapers do you want to change today?" Thankfully, he swiped half of the berries back, even though the babies fussed about it.

    ReplyDelete