About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lessons for my daughter

As a parent, it's obviously my job to teach Elly some important life lessons. My mom taught me some good ones that have stuck with me for the last 30 years.

Things like- "boys are bad, stay away from them," getting hit by a baseball/softball only hurts for a little while, and understanding the rules of sports will help you out later in life.

These are all true. (Don't worry, she taught me more than that!)

But what I realized last night while I was running day one of week two in my couch to 5K program is that I need to teach Elly a few important lessons as soon as possible. (I still hate running by the way. I have no idea why I thought this would be a good idea.)


They are: don't get fat and don't wreck your credit. Both completely suck to work your way out of. Both are painful and both take forever to see positive results.

Oh, and one more thing Elly, Boys are bad, stay away from them!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I too, do not like running. I tried the Couch to 5K three times, never getting passed week 5 (it SUCKS) I now walk. My legs look better then they did in YEARS! Long strides, perks the butt too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely on the hunt for my perky butt. I lost it a few years back. I'm hoping this whole running fad thing helps me find it. :-/

      Delete
  2. Ha! Entertaining post of the perfect length! Good job sticking with the running! It was a good idea, and it will get easier. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall see Rather! For now, I'll just keep complaining about it. :-)

      Delete