About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

That's not fair!

We live in a world of haves and have nots. I have a lot compared to a lot of people in the world. (Actually, I have too much stuff now that it's time to pack up and move again. So I've been having a garage sale trying to get rid of my crap and allow others to have more crap in their life... all for the low low price of $2 a bag!)

I have a lot more than a lot of people. But I also have a lot less than other people in this world.

So is life.

I've accepted this as the way it goes. Well, for the most part.

Some days I get really pissed off that I'm not as smart as the Mark or Randi Zuckerbergs of the world. If I was, then I'd be a billionaire. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm also too smart to be Snooki or JWoww,  hooching it up for the entire world to see. If I was that easy or trashy, then I could be a millionaire and be a guest on Regis and Kelli.



 
Instead, I'm just average. Nothing too special. I am married, I have a kid and a dog. I've got a job (for now). I'm the all-American dream.

I have more than a lot of others. Yet, people who have more than me still approach me and tell me thank you. Why?  Because I'm in the military. I chose many years ago to raise my hand and pledge an oath to serve our country. And every day I'm grateful I did.

My service has given me a lot to be thankful for. I met my husband because of the military, I've traveled the world, and I've made the best friends a Betty could ever ask for. 

I've gotten a few free meals and free drinks.  I've attended concerts and sporting games on someone else's dime.  I've received discounted clothes, shoes and vacations.  I've even gotten tax free computers, furniture and a breast pump.  I think the best thing I ever got super cheap from being in the military was my hospital stay when I was in labor with Elly.  FREE!!!  BOOO-YAAAAAH Bitches!!!! (The stretch marks and puking were just an extra bonus thrown in by Mother Nature.)

I'm very grateful that in this day and age, the American public feels strongly about supporting the troops.  There are endless programs out there supporting us- everything from job initiatitaves (let's hope that helps me out soon), home programs, to helping out around the holidays.  And Sears is one of the companies helping out the military. 

They have a program called Heroes on the Homefront and every year service members can register to win a gift card for the holidays.  A friend of mine got $100 last year.  Not bad considering he'd gotten back from Afghanistan and just had a baby.  Thanks Sears!!! 

But the registration this year was a bit of a cluster fuck.  It was yesterday, but the system had a technical glitch.  So they scrapped those and did it again today.  Although, not everyone knew about the update.  Needless to say, a lot of people ended up not getting registered before the deadline today. 

And once that happened, so did all the bitching!!!  THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!  I DIDN'T GET REGISTERED!! BUT... BLAH BLAH BLAH! 

Are you serious people?  This is a gift for God's sake.  You are not fucking entitled to it.  It's not yours just because your husband is deployed.  It's not yours just because you've been stationed a few sucky places with a few sucky chains of commands.  It's not yours just because you have to stand duty this holiday weekend. IT IS A GIFT!!! 

If you were lucky enough to get registered.  Good for you.  You still might not get a gift card.  And if you bitch about that, then maybe you should stay away from me.  Because I might just punch you square in the face you ungrateful snot. 

Like I said before, the world is full of haves and have nots.  Accept it! Because honestly, not everything is fair in life and if you can't deal with that, be prepared for me to shoot a word-rocket at your face. It won't be pretty.  Until I have more than the orange-toned whorebags I love to watch on the TV, life is never going to be fair! 

1 comment:

  1. What you said! Seriously, what is with the sense of entitlement?

    ReplyDelete