About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Taking a PJ Day

If you live on the East Coast then you're getting dumped on right now.  And by dumped on I mean rain not being defecated on.  (Unless you pissed off Lady Luck/ Karma/ or some sick, twisted fucker, then that's not only gross, but your own fault. Or you could just be a mother of a child with IBS.)

It's super soggy out, standing water everywhere, reports of flooding coming from all over the region.  Basically we're ankle deep in a monsoon.  So in the last couple weeks I've survived an earthquake, hurricane and now a monsoon.  So that would make me a what? A quakecanesooner? QUICK! Someone get me a glass of wine... or better yet, a cookie!

And the more the clouds roll in, the rain falls, and the temperatures drop, I can't help but feel like a waterlogged slug.  I don't feel like doing anything.  I just want to wrap up in my quilt and lay on the couch in my pajamas.  The problem with that plan is that I'm now a mother.  PJ days as I once knew them are over. 

Don't get me wrong, I still wear my 'jammies' all day long, but it's because I never got a free moment to shower or change that day.  Now that Elly is growing at the speed of light, she's also on the move and needs more exciting play time. So I'm busy coming up with fun things to entertain her.  Often this involves singing and dancing through the house to Katy Perry. 

As much as I love spending time relaxing all day in my shorts and t-shirt pj's, I feel like a bum if I don't get dressed too many days in a row.  In fact, getting dressed and doing something with my hair (and GASP! putting on makeup) is more of a treat nowadays for me. 

It's like PJ days have become the norm and pretty days are the new treat.  I need to get back to a life where putting on pretty clothes feels ho-hum and laying around in my PJs feels like a treat.  I'm thinking the first step to weening myself off the PJ routine will be to get myself a pair of pajamajeans. I mean, they're pajamas, they're jeans, they're the best for crazy moms looking to wear clothes but still hang out around the house in their jammies!

Maybe my first step to wearing pretty clothes should be to stop watching infomercials in my PJs and start going to a shopping mall in real clothes! 


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment