About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sunday Funday

Sunday was one of my first full days of being kid free and with nothing but me-time on my schedule.  I didn't have errands to run, I didn't have grocery shopping or cleaning to do.  I planned ahead and got it done so I could have a Sunday Funday all for myself.

So what's a young 30-year-old single woman to do with 24 hours all by herself? I went to a knitting club meet up, of course!  That's right. Instead of hitting a single's event or finding a super bowl party, I went to a meet up with a couple of married women... to knit.  

Honestly, I don't know anything about dating really, but this is probably not how you meet a guy. It's not like Ryan Gosling is in my knitting club or anything! (In case you missed that, the Hollywood hotty's perfect day would include knitting!)

I also checked out "date night mass" at my church.  Yup, you read that right.  The priests actually billet it as a place to either meet a mate or take a date!  Brilliant marketing and incredibly progressive for a Catholic church.

Here's the thing. The first date night mass (starts at 5 p.m.) I chose to attend was on Super Bowl Sunday.  Guess what?  No one's there, because they're all at a freakin' super bowl party!!!  Even if I had wanted to meet my soul mate (check disclaimer below), I picked the worst Sunday of the year to do it at church! 

Here's what I learned from my Funday: 1) I'm glad I can find a way to enjoy some me-time away from Elly. 2) I will be single until I'm 60 when my Funday activities are considered cool by my peer group. 3) It turns out I'm really ok with that!


****** Disclaimer********
I have no intention of dating any time soon.  I'm not on the prowl or making any effort whatsoever to find a new man for my life.  In fact, the only proactive step I've taken since being newly single is to actually start wearing concealer before leaving the house.  The next step will be to stop wearing sweatpants in public.  So keep in mind, I'm being sarcastic about actually wanting to date.









Check out all the great blogs over at Yeah Write!
And don't forget to head back over on Thursday to vote for your favorites!


28 comments:

  1. Me time is the best! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DATING?? "Aint nobody got time for that!" My suggestion?? Date yourself. I bet it will be rewarding! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not time for that, especially since I'm busy making Elly a super duper cute sweater! :-)

      Delete
  3. Haha I like that your hobbies are "60 years old". If I were single, gosh what would I do? I hate the bar scene and like to go to bed early. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were single, you could join me in a single ladies looking for Ryan Gosling knitting club! :-) That's what all the cool kids are doing now!

      Delete
    2. I tried knitting once and failed miserably. If Ryan Gosling was in my knitting club, I think I'd give it another shot.

      Delete
    3. Kathleen, my knitting group is trying to come up with a witty way to get him to come and knit with us!

      Delete
  4. Wearing concealer is the first step. ...in so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your time is your time! You do whatever you want w/ it. I know I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea churchs at date nights! That's such a cool idea! I feel like I'm the last person on earth who hasn't tried knitting. Maybe I should...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even want to think about dating. Ever again.

    I'm glad you had fun at the knitting club and sorry the Super Bowl service was a bust.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As long as you enjoy your you time, that's all that matters!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been knitting since I was 10. It was a great way to attract the boys in HS . . . HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I taught myself to knit in middle school and then later have it up for crocheting. I've just gotten back into it and have been working in some great projects. Right now it's a sweater for my daughter.

      Delete
  10. Dating is exhausting and highly overrated. Enjoy the "me" time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAT?? Ryan Gosling was not at your knitting club? You should probably invite him via twitter. I keep inviting Justin Timberlake to have sex with me via twitter, but he has failed to reply. Damn on both of our accounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if your twitter campaign works! My knit/crochet group is pretty serious about a social media campaign to invite Ryan. Nothing better than knitting with a bunch of military wives!

      Delete
  12. I say enjoy yourself with your knitting or whatever else interests you. The rest happens if it's meant to. Me time is always a precious commodity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, I would've spent the day exactly as you did, only I crochet...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bi-crafter! I crochet better than I knit, hence working on a new project to improve my skills.

      Delete
  14. Anything you choose to do during me time is awesome. Just the fact that you get to decide - ahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah...the joys of ME time! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can hang out with me anytime you want!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I laughed at this, because I just signed up for a sewing class. Yay for the domestic arts! Old ladies at heart...

    ReplyDelete