About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Struggling

So I haven't written anything in what feels like a decade.  I've wanted to get back out there and write again but I've been struggling.  There's been so much I've wanted to write, so many things that are funny and worth writing and so many things worth writing just so I could get it off my chest.  The biggest thing I've been struggling with is how to start really publicly announcing that I am getting (just a few more pieces of paperwork away actually) a divorce. 

After nearly 6 years of marriage (it'll be just a couple weeks shy of 6 years by the time it's all said and done) I will be single again. There's a ton of emotions that go through me when I've tried to type this all out.  For the last year, Stoofy and I have been separated and preparing to file our paperwork.  And in that year we've hit some very serious bumps in the road. 

I haven't written because I didn't want to vent all my frustration on my blog.  That shit's for my diary! I didn't want you guys to have to endure reading my rants and listen to my sobs.  That shit's for Abby and my mom!  And I wanted to make sure that I didn't post anything that I would regret. 

I didn't ever want to post something I couldn't take back and then one day Elly would see it.  While Stoofy and I are about as amicable of a split as you can be when you don't want to spend the rest of your life with someone any more, we haven't always been perfect during this last year.  I just didn't want my words to spill out and Elly to ever have to hear them.  That shit will NEVER be for her!

So now you know why I've been absent.  It's not that I didn't want to write.  It's that I've been knee deep in love hangover land and I didn't want to subject you all to reading my woes. 

I will say, that I'm doing well.  I'm still crazy. And I still have an insanely crazy toddler running around.  So now that it's time to potty train, you'll get to hear about that. Oh, and Elly talks a whole lot now (shocking) so the shit she says is pretty crazy!  There's plenty left to tell you all about, and if I get too "single-mom crabby" on you, tell me to write it in my diary, not my blog!

1 comment: