About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Half Baked

My name is Betty Bakedgood and I like to bake.  I also love to knit, crochet, quilt, sew, cross-stitch, scrapbook and make whatever other fun crafts I find on Pinterest.  I also work full time and I'm a single mom trying to survive life with a toddler.

So my baking has taken an unfortunate dip in production.  It makes me sad.  I really want tasty morsles of delicious cookies in my house.  I love to make cookies, cupcakes, pies and tarts.  It's soothing and theraputic for one, and two, it makes my house smell yummy.

The problem is all of my projects are half baked.  I'm in the middle of five ten crochet projects, a knitting project, two cross-stitch projects and I've got supplies for at least 10 Pinterest projects in the queue.

Someone once told me that it's a sign of intelligence  when you bounce between projects because you can always remember where you left off and can pick it up and carry on with no problem.  I find that to be a load of horse shit because half the time I can't figure out where I left off and it takes awhile to get back into a project.

I get the crafting equivilant to writers block when I look at my half baked projects. I actually seize up a little when I see a project sitting there, glaring at me.  Elly's felt food pile is waiting to be embellished with hand stitching.  It's mocking me.   

So here's my vow to my half-baked projects.  I will complete you before starting anything new.  I will bake cookies for my coworkers because they deserve it.  I will complete my blogs (even this one took a week to finish!). 
I will finish my first knitted sweater project. (It's coming along nicely actually!) And I will finish it with enough time for Elly to actually wear it before she outgrows it. I will also finish this project because my knitting club friend is providing the adult supervision for me and holding my feet to the fire.

I will finish the baby blanket for Ms. B before she pops out her baby.  And then, and only then, will I make these adorable monster slippers for my friend. 



(Don't worry, I'll start them in the next couple weeks as promised! Because I know that I'll just skip around my other projects and work on this one anyway!)

1 comment: