About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Let's do the Time Warp

It feels like forever since the last time I posted a blog... maybe because it has been FOREVER!  A lot has happened in the last week.  I survived my first earthquake, babysitting the neighbor kids (talk about a crack up!), my daughter's first real sickness and trip to the ER, a hurricane, my husband returning and you know, the usual... life.

And it feels like every time I get ready to type something up, I get easily distracted... by something, you know, shiney.  And then I blink and it's 10 days later.

It seems as though the entire time I was pregnant and my life before having a baby was fast pace.  But now that I've had a baby, it feels like life is flying by at warp speed!  Already 6 months has flown by and my baby girl rolls over, sits up on her own, eats food, and waves 'hi.'  I'm sure next week she'll be wearing high heels, asking to borrow my car and drive to the mall to hang out with her friends.  Shoot me now.

Plus, I have less than 90 days left of my military career.  It feels like 7 years has FLOWN by.  It feels like yesterday I was headed off to bootcamp and doing a buttload of push-ups.  And even though I haven't gotten to do everything I wanted during my time in the Navy, I've still gotten to do a ton of awesome things and go to a ton of amazing places! 

I just wish there was a way to put life back on the play button rather than on fastforward.  I most certainly don't want a rewind button, but maybe a slow motion option.  Ultimately, I just don't want to be going through a time warp, I want time to smell the roses.  Not that I like smelling roses, or have any for that matter, but if I had time to, that would be cool. 

So if anyone has a way to slow things down, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment