About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stuck in the Stone Age

Last week my computer crashed. It just up and stopped working with no warning. Usually you get a few blue screens of death to tell you the end is near. Not this time.

And the day after that, I smashed my phone into the ground. I've done this plenty of times before, but as luck would have it, it was my time to reduce my iPhone screen to a web of cracks.

Add in not being at work much, plus my work computer getting moved and refigured so I don't have access and you've got Betty Rubble trying to use a chisel and slate to creat an email.

I tried to get my computer fixed, but the motherboard was fried. I'd like to get my phone fixed but I can't until I back it up because I would actually die if I lost all my pictures and contacts.

As a back up to the back up, I was able to pull out my old computer from college and plug that in for basic email and word processing. But as my mother says, "your computer really sucks."

Trying to surf the web is more like surfing in a tide pool. Watching paint dry is faster and more exciting than using my computer.

And really, I can't blame the computer. It's 10 years old!!! My god, it has a zip drive and no CD burner!!! It's got two decade-old hamsters in there powering it up. (I actually pictured two gray-haired, out of shape hamsters in there, sad they just got called out of retirement)

The thing should probably be in a museum.

And why do I still have my computer from 2001? I was just too lazy to take it to the recycling center for the last few years of weekends I've had available. I'm actually just that lazy.

But as it turns out, that laziness has worked in my favor. Because even though I can't plug in more than two items with USB ports, and getting more than one program to run at the same time is a challenge, or I can hear my mom muttering about the "shitty ass computer," I can still say I have a computer.

For now I'll just do what I can from my relic, and risk injury to my beautiful fingers from my now razor sharp phone until the computer fairy shows up with something shiny.

Little does my husband know that I expect him in a tutu when he brings back his laptop from WA!

Let's just hope nothing else crashes or I don't sustain a thumb injury in the meantime.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment