About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Locked Out

Tonight may be the highlight of the last month of my crazy life. I'm sitting outside in 50* weather locked out of the house.

It's actually pretty funny, because just today I was talking with Abby about getting a Mrs. Weasly clock to let let everyone in the house know when everyone is safely tucked in for the night. Because it would be terrible to get locked out.

Guess what? It is pretty sucky!!!! I have sent Stoofy at least 50 text and 15 phone calls. I've texted Abby to wake up. Nothing.

I'm afraid to ring the doorbell because if I do, the dogs will bark, and that will wake up Elly. And then I'd want to walk head first into traffic.

So, let's recap. Rather than wake my sleeping daughter, I would rather squeeze under a locked gate to get to the patio. Find the patio door locked, throw rocks and sticks at my husband's window. Text my husband and BFF in hopes of one of them having their phone near them to see the glow of my message. Realize nothing is working so it's a better use of my time to pull up a patio chair and bang out a blog all instead of waking up the baby.

A mother's love is pretty fucking awesome! And hysterical!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment