About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Trick or Treat?

I've figured out that my daughter loves my magic tricks.  My first act? Letting her play with an empty solo cup.  She whacks it around, tries to eat the end, and every once in awhile tries to drink air from it.  I like to trick her and pour a small sip of water into the cup when she's not paying attention.  That way she gets a special treat when she takes another sip. 

It usually ends with me laughing hysterically and her soaking wet and stunned.  It's a pretty cool magic trick for a nearly 8 month old kid!  And a seriously awesome treat for me!  

You know what isn't a cool magic trick for an 8 month old?  Putting her binki under a solo cup and then getting another one and trying to mix them up and show her which one it's under.  I thought I'd be so cool and "blow her mind." (I actually said those exact words to Stoofy.) Instead, she cared WAY more about the cup than her binki.  Cool treat for her, no trick for me.

But my best magic trick of all isn't pulling quarters from her ears.  It's actually pulling puffs out of her pants.  There is nothing more rewarding as a magician than watching my captive audience's face light up when I pull out her crack from the crevice of her pant folds. 

To her, it doesn't matter if it's a fresh puff, or one that's been in her mouth, hand and then pants for awhile.  She still loves them and wants to stuff them in her face.  She double fists them into her mouth.  Every time I watch her grab fistfuls and stuff them in her cute little chipmunk cheeks, I can't help but think she's training a little early for a career in the sport of competitive eating.

So what's a mom to do?  Count how many she can gather in her hand and stuff in her mouth at one time!  Right now, she's only up to two.  Probably best considering she's only got two teeth to try and chomp those things with.  Either way it’s a pretty cool trick, and a treat. 

At this point, I'm not sure who's doing the tricking and who's doing the treating.  I think it's a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment