About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Strong-willed

Today, while playing outside, my daughter took a step off the curb and into the street/parking lot. While there were no cars in sight, the rules are the same, "NO!"

She of course got her feelings hurt hearing her least favorite word on the planet and had a mini-meltdown... In the road I'm trying to pull her out of.

I picked her up and got her on the grassy embankment, which she continued to flail around screaming until she fell down face first. Did I mention she was head-first down the embankment? Yeah.

So she's throwing a tantrum and I'm trying to pick her up off the ground. She starts screaming more and refuses to let me help.

My daughter would actually rather be face down in the dirt than let me help her when she's mad at me.

Really kid? I'm trying to get your face out of the mud. You really don't want my help because I hurt your feelings and told you no?

Saying my daughter is strong-willed is a bit of an understatement here.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment