About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Found on Craigslist

Abby and I were hanging out not too long ago.  We were talking about one of our mutal friends (check out her blog and website here) and how much we missed her and how big her daughter was getting.  And I mentioned that I wanted to get together with our friend and her daughter for a play date and to catch up since it's been what feels like a decade since we last saw each other.

Abby, however, realized she didn't have a kid to bring to the playdate.  So what's a girl to do? Post an ad on craigslist!  Here's the actual ad (with weblink!) she placed on CL. 

Seeking rental toddler for playdate to keep up with my "mommy friends" (Alexandria, VA)



I am looking to borrow a well-behaved one to two-year-old child for an upcoming afternoon playdate. Just looking to borrow one for a few hours, and I'll return them unscathed and totally ready for nap time. I am a 28-year-old professional female, highly responsible and great with children, but am woefully unmarried and without children. Essentially this means I have been barred from all "mommy events," pending pregnancy, adoption, or the acquisition of a foster child. Apparently my toddler-aged golden retriever isn't hip enough to score an invite (I blame her, not my useless uterus). Despite my marital and uterine misfortune, I would love to close that mommy/non-mommy gap and actually get to hang out with my friends again. So if you're sick to death of your child and need some breathing room, pawn her off on me for a few hours some Saturday. You get a break, your kid gets some playtime, and I get the sweet satisfaction of not being labeled a social outcast for my inability to find a suitable husband. Win-win-win. Thanks!


We're happy to report that no one actually responded to the ad.  Thank God!  But if they did, you bet I'd be all over that for blog material!

2 comments:

  1. I say we nominate that for one of the BEST Craigslist adds so it can forever stay engrave into all that is Craigslist!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum, I almost responded and offered my teenager. But, alas, the travel would render it ineffective.... Maybe someone will spot it. (I just hope it isn't law enforcement personnel)

    ReplyDelete