About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Shocked face

I'm kind of a hairy woman.  I'm pretty sure I've stated this a few times before.  And I'm pretty sure there are some baby-faced men out there jealous of my facial hair.  I mean, I grow a pretty wicked wostache, or as Abby calls it- a WHOAstache.  (That would be a woman's mustache.  Yes it sounds like a stupid word, but compared to a woman who actually has a moustache, it's really not that bad.  It gives the hairy facial feature a little bit of wimsy if you ask me.)

I also have a unibrow.  It's been on my face for many years, but I do a decent job at maintaining it into two neatly shaped brows.

During one of my beautifying regiments last night, I was pretty sure I over plucked my eyebrow.  I was really worried I would have a semi-permanent surprised look on my face for awhile.  And then I remembered I grow hair faster than a chia pet. 



So by morning, my eyebrow would be repaired! (probably one of the only times I have ever really been happy that I grow hair that fast.)

I realized all of that while I was waiting for the timer to go off on my depilatory cream treatment on my lip.  If you have the same problem as I do, I recommend Olay Smooth Finish Facial Hair Removal Duo. And no, I'm not getting any royalties for advertising their product.  (Although, maybe if enough people talk about this blog and share it, I could! Just sayin'.)  Anyway, these are the types of things I think about when I'm removing hair. 

I think about how much it sucks.  I think about how much I hate summer and am already dreading its arrival for the year.  I know you're saying, "But summer is the best!  Summer is barbeques, baseball games, swimming..."  All of which require shaved legs.  Yeah, that sucks.

I think this is why I like that I'm from Michigan.  There, summer isn't very long.  And it's not always hot.  And then it goes straight back to the "no shave" time of year.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I've been told by my mom in the past that it's fine because it helps keep your socks up in the winter.  Now if that's not encouraging women not to shave, I don't know what is!

I may hate that I'm hairy most days, but in those unfortunate, infrequent moments when I pluck myself into a surprised mime face, it's nice to know I can grow that back before breakfast and no one is the wiser. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you and I must be sisters! My real sister was blessed with blonde hair, she doesn't really HAVE to shave her legs, her eyebrows are plucked maybe once a year and her Woustache is pretty much non existant...me~ not so much! I used to SHAVE, yes, shave my unibrown when you and I met way back in 1996. I finally got them waxed in 2003. I started waxing my lip after giving birth as my woustache got unreal! Glad to see I am not the only sufferer! :-) BTW, it's HOT where I live...already! >:-/

    ReplyDelete