About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

V is for Victory

My New Year's resolution this year is to buy more American-made products. Turns out, that's pretty hard to do sometimes.

However, I have been pretty successful when I'm looking to buy something special. I can usually do some research and find the perfect item.

My quest for the red, white and blue lead me down the path toward homemade and homegrown items. I feel like I time-warped into the 1940s.

Enter my desire for my very own victory garden!

I began planting seeds in my recyclable containers a couple months ago. I refused to pay more for the kits at Walmart when I could do the same thing with stuff I already had laying around the house (aka free).

About a month ago I got most everything transplanted outside. Not everything out there is from my own seedlings. But, everything IS American-grown. And the plants I did buy we're from a local, small business. So, I'm still assisting the American dream.

Here is my patio garden so far:



Summer squash and zucchini, lettuce, peppers, lots of basil, various other herbs



Tons of bell pepper and tomato varieties.

I hope I can keep everything growing! So far, so good! One day, I want to have a much larger garden and I'd love to help others build and create their own gardens. V is for Victory!





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment