About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Monday, April 30, 2012

AWOL

I'm sure you've noticed.... I've been AWOL lately.  (For you non-military folks, AWOL= absent without leave.)

Turns out that by the time I'm done assigning, managing, reading, writing, assembling, editing, re-editing, re-re-editing and sending off a newspaper, I'm pretty much mentally pooped out.  By Friday, I've got no more funny left in me. 

Ok, that's not completely true.  I'm pretty much funny all the time, but it's whether or not I want to share my funny that becomes a problem.  And really, I get too tired and lazy. (Plus the thought of editing my blog after editing all day long makes my head explode.  So much so, that I started un-friending people on Facebook because of their poor grammar.  My brain couldn't take deciphering their crap any longer.)

So here's what has happened in the last four months that I need to catch you all up on (in no particular order):

Elly had her first birthday
In-laws came to visit
I met Colin Powell
Elly meets Ms. B's in-laws
I completed my first crocheted afghan
Abby puts an ad on Craigslist
I'm back to baking and cooking
Elly's first trip to the ER (and the subsequent test of my new health insurance)
My garden is growing
Elly's got some new dance moves
I've started producing a boy band with the Joint Chiefs of Staff (ok, not really, but I do have a viable marketing plan I'd like to pitch them)
I'm going away for a couple months for school and I already have separation anxiety
Abby and I went to a secret dinner
My love of crosswalks continues to grow
I'm still succeeding in my new year's resolution, are you?
Oh, and you know, how's my whole job thing working for me...

And plenty more!  So stick around and see what I've got in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment