About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I quit

That's it! I quit! I am finally done being a rolly-Polly slug. Yes, I've said it before. Yes, I've tried to "get back into shape" before.

Most of those efforts failed. Why? Because I let them. It's pretty plain and simple. I copped out every time.

Why did I cop out? It's crazy, because in general I'm a pretty good self-starter. When I'm tasked with something, I go above and beyond and deliver on or ahead of deadline.

Again, so why can't I meet my own goals? Well for one, I had flimsy, unrealistic goals. Two, I had little to no accountability. And three, I didn't have a plan.

The last point is like salt in my self-loathing wounds. I'm a damn good planner. I have a plan and five back-up plans for EVERYTHING. Why don't I have a plan for myself? Because I cop out. Duh.

So this time I actually developed a plan. I actually spent a month and a half making said plan. Don't worry, I'm not using Abby's paper napkin filing system!

Now I've never smoked. Not once. Not one single cigarette has ever even touched my lips. But I do know people who smoke/ have smoked. And it sounds as though quoting being fat it's much like quoting smoking or other bad habits.

Step one, make a plan. Check.

Step two, decide on a start date. Check.

Step three, list all your usual crutches and excuses for not quitting and determine your attainable work around. Check.

Ok. So now that I've got that all in place it's time to get a move on it. Keep on me so I don't cop out again!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment