About Me

My photo
I'm a working single mom who loves to write in my spare time... so bare with me when there's a lull in the blogging. It means I'm out enjoying my daughter, Elly's, crazy antics!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm a Little Crazy

I am a little crazy.  Well, I could be a lot crazy depending on the circumstance.  Take for instance pushing my buttons before I've even had a cup of coffee, let alone rubbed the crud out of my eyes in the morning.  Stoofy likes to do just that some mornings just to see the end result.  It usually means a fake fight develops into a real fight of epic proportions. 

I'm pretty crazy when it comes to things I'm passionate about.  Sports teams, fairness, my kid, my husband, my car, my ideals, morals and politics.  I can easily launch into a 10 minute tirade about almost anything if I'm passionate enough about it.  Even if I'm only half-ass passionate about a topic, I can still get pretty spun up about it.

This ability to go from 0-100EPM (emotions per minute) can be a great quality.  It can also suck too.  It's one of my many character flaws I'm not interested in changing.  I've just accepted it as my reality, toned it down a touch when necessary, and decided everyone else just needs to deal with it. 

If you're my friend, you're probably my friend because I'm crazy. 

Everyone needs a crazy person in their circle.  Everyone needs one of those crazy friends to stand on a table and call attention to you for your birthday.  Everyone needs someone willing to go out on a limb for you because you're too afraid the limb is too high, too flimsy and too dangerous for you to do it yourself.  Everyone needs a friend willing to purger themselves for you when you get caught burying the body. 

If you're my friend, you already know I'd do all of the above for you and then some.  If you are my friend's enemy, you should be warned.  Because I'm flat out nuts! Anyone that's been on the receiving end of a crazy Betty rant will tell you it's not the place you'd like to be.  The only thing less appealing would be if you were a Somali pirate who captured an American shipping captain and were standing in range of a SEAL's sniper scope. 

So to recap: I'm crazy.  Being crazy isn't always a bad thing.  That is, unless you're an enemy.  Then my craziness is just as bad as Kim Jong-Il.  You don't want to be nuked do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment